To produce a set of wargames rules with which I can:
- Refight the battle of Mars-La-Tour
- as a fun 2 to 8 player game
- on a 6 foot by 4 foot table
- using Pendraken 10mm miniatures
- in under 6 hours
So much for the positive. There are a few negative objectives as well:
- The game must not be "fiddly." My fingers are arthritic and my vision is blurring. This means that base sizes must be reasonably large and small status and tracking markers must not be too numerous or tiny.
- The rules must not require specialized terrain boards -- they must work with more-or-less ordinary wargames terrain, preferably from my existing stock.
- No rosters. Status tracking displays I can build and put on the table or fine, but I dislike paper checklists.
- The game must not be frustrating. A game must be challenging, but the player must believe that he wins or loses based on his own decisions most of all.